10 Dec WrappED Up!
Today is my last day before I go on maternity leave so I thought it would be a great opportunity to reflect on our amazing year at Edge IT Learning and share some of my goals for 2016. I am going to have lots of sleepless nights coming up which gives me heaps of time to trawl the web and be inspired by all the amazing teachers out there who are incorporating technology into their classroom.
Highlights of 2015 (in no particular order):
- Running workshops on behalf of Apple Education at Tambrey Primary School in Karratha. This school will be using tablets to undertake NAPLAN testing and teaching these kids digital literacy is a priority. I was really inspired by the teachers at this school, particularly Helen who cut her photocopying budget to up her technology budget. Sustainability and technology working together- love it!
- Attending a Microsoft Education Seminar in Perth. Office 365 for Education is a game changer and I can see so many potential uses for it across all devices. This was also where I rediscovered my love for the stylus and keyboard to enhance learning.
- Nicola going to the EdTech Conference in Brisbane and getting inspired by Sphero and the Maker Movement.
- Heading out to Wulungarra Community School in the remote Kimberley and spending the day working with fab teachers and terrific students and creating books about their school using Book Creator.
- Creating a technology digital education plan for St Mary’s College and working with them to implement it throughout the year.
- Becoming a certified member of the Apple Education
- Connecting with all Broome schools through our Edtech Meet Ups and generating interest and excitement about the potential for digital technology integration to improve learning outcomes for Kimberley students.
And so many more….
Goals for 2016:
- Continue my Microsoft Master Trainer qualifications
- Commence my Masters in ICT Education (optimistic one)
- Work with remote schools to create social networks that connect their students and staff.
- Attend EdTeach Melbourne Summit and learn more about GAFE.
We look forward to continuing working with schools around North Western Australia in 2016. Thank you for all your support this year in helping our small business prosper.
Emily & Nicola